Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Down Time... Finally!

I wouldn't say we have been spending our days eating Bon Bons and watching daytime TV, but we finally got some time to relax!

For me, trips to Iowa are always relaxing. Visiting your in-laws is a great time when there are no expectations of you. No one really cares about seeing me here. Tom, on the other hand, has lots of loved ones to see and favorite haunts to revisit. I'm just along for the ride. It's great!!

Judy had an open house on Saturday. I have no idea how many people came to their house, but it was FULL for nearly 6 hours! It was lovely to chat and catch-up with everyone, but I failed to take many pictures.

I only half-heartedly apologize. This is my down time, remember!

I did get a shot of Eleanor Mahaney and Eleanor Beacom. The elder Eleanor was so fun to visit with and she even brought the kids gifts and some delicious cookies for all of us. She is 96. What an amazing woman!!


Yesterday morning Tom channeled his PacNW roots and got his lumberjack on in his folks backyard. Happily we did NOT visit the St. Luke's ER afterward!



Tom's brother Doug has two kids with birthdays in June, so we celebrated Colton (18) and Lindsay (16) last night.




After the party we went to watch Grace Mahaney and the Saders win a makeup softball game. Lilly LOVED acting like a big girl in the pre-game warm-ups... I definitely had a few flashes of our future!! 





Ms. Nora has taken a likely to her Grandpa Tom. She is pretty sweet when she cuddles in!


You may be wondering where Garrett is... he and his cousins have been running hard around town. I'm sure some long hours have been logged on the X-Box at his Aunt Jenny's house too. We figure it is good for him to get some space from us. The adventure starts again tomorrow morning and he'll have all the family time he will desire! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment