Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Finish Line

We made it! Actually, we've been here several days. Unfortunately, our finish was less of a triumphant leap and more of a head-long, staggering dive for the ribbon with lots of writhing and complaining at the end.

So, we have been recovering... and adjusting... (mostly to the HEAT!)

When we left Iowa we stopped over for a night at the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City. We got to catch up with our old neighbors (and dear friends) the Turcottes. The Lodge was a blast, but WOW! I think I even had some sensory overload!! (Check out Lilly's expression in almost every picture!)

After we left Kansas City we headed for Oklahoma. On the way we found out that our stuff wasn't going to be delivered to our new home on June 30 (as scheduled), but instead on July 10...

I'm just going to let that sink in. July 10.

TWELVE days with no furniture, no kitchen items, no sanity!!

Despite the setback, we made it to my mom's for a quick two nights. We did manage to catch up with my friend Tiffany and her girls and spend the afternoon with the world's greatest octogenarians!! We rode the tractor, ate bar-b-que, and made two trips to the snocone stand.

While we were in Shawnee, we also managed to relieve Nana & Papa of some "extra" pots, pans, pillows, blankets, kitchen items, and SANITY!

We arrived here on June 29 and the only picture I have taken since is of Tom's first day of "school." I even made him stand on the front porch AND he did it!! I told you we were short on sanity...

Part of this is pure, unabashed laziness... Part of it is that it is so hot outside that every time I take my camera out the lens fogs up!

I promise pictures are forthcoming... we have a few outings planned over the weekend and there is that whole national holiday thing coming up. At least it is socially acceptable to eat with plastic forks and knives on the Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. dude. Tom must have been roasting in his uniform. Only 2 days until your stuff comes!